Door edges are frequently damaged by equipment passing through the doorway, resulting in potential safety issues, especially relating to the fire integrity of a fire rated door.
C/S Acrovyn® Door Edge Protectors have been designed to be a retrofit, replaceable protection solution for damaged doors.
As a complete door edge fitting Acrovyn® Door Edge protectors will help reduce damage and expensive repair costs to door edges, keeping the door edges safe and increasing the life of the door significantly.
Why Acrovyn® Door Edge Protectors
- world renowned, impact resistant Acrovyn®
- available for FD30, FD60 & non-fire rated doors
- can be retrofitted to existing doors
- extends door lifecycle & reduces repair costs
- removable for easy replacement or repair
- available in 30 Acrovyn® colours
- simple installation with concealed fixings
- differentiates door edge for DDA LRV compliance
- Manufactured from 2mm Acrovyn sheet and incorporating 8mm thick Acrovyn internal lipping
- Suitable for 30 minute or 60 minute fire rated and non-fire rated doors in a wide range of door construction*
- Supplied with fire and/or smoke seals
- Simple installation for new or existing doors with concealed fixing
- Available in widths to suit 44mm to 54mm thick doors
- Standard height 2100mm
- Formed to suit radiused doors
NOTE: C/S Acrovyn Door Edge Protectors are designed and tested for use with fire door assemblies of proven fire resistance to current BS and EN test methods. They are not intended to upgrade non-fire rated door assemblies to fire resisting assemblies.
* C/S Acrovyn Door Edge Protectors have been tested and assessed to BS 476 Part 22 1987 achieving in excess of 30min and 60min fire resistance when tested as part of timber based fire door assemblies. Chiltern International Fire Ltd test reports RF11059, RF11061 and assessments ChiltA11129 and Chilt11130 refer.
Where smoke seals are incorporated into the C/S Acrovyn Door Edge Protectors to provide cold smoke control, the smoke seal elements have been independently tested to BS476 Part 31.1 and have achieved leakage rates not exceeding 3m³/m/hr when tested at 25pa.